1. Collects and enters client data in the ETO Quality database. Maintains database and produces various reports.
2. Assists case managers with filing and maintaining client files.
3. Review home accounts for compliance to policies. Adheres to accounting deadlines for home accounts.
4. Screen, greet, and assist visitors and callers to the agency and direct them to appropriate personnel. Answer phones, forward calls, take and relay accurate and complete messages. Sort, open as required, and distribute daily incoming mail. Handle outgoing mail, prepare for morning pickup, and transport postal packages to proper facilities for delivery as needed/assigned.
5. Prepare memos, correspondence, reports, etc. for the signature of the Director of Programs & Services and other staff as directed, and review final draft of each document for accuracy. Prepare copies of documentation and correspondence as requested.
6. Maintain an updated Village staff phone list, Village staff mailboxes, and On-call Calendar. Maintain accurate monthly house listings and house inventory reports.
7. Accept and accurately receipt monetary and in-kind donations and gifts, and forward said information to the appropriate offices and personnel in a timely manner.
8. Coordinate all visits and is a point person for all IT issues. Under the direction of the CFO receives IT tickets, enters them into the system on a daily basis. Coordinates IT visits, does simple trouble shooting techniques and monitors IT technician when they are on site. Reports any incidents/completion of IT work to CFO. Trains foster parents and staff on usage of computer software.
9. Monitor office equipment and supplies, process requests, and order office supplies for Agency.
10. Maintain the Village phone system and directory. Reset voice mail for new staff as needed.
11. Maintain accurate monthly Village Center Usage Calendars and files pertaining to Village Center Usage.
12. Maintain and update staff bulletin boards, and display and remove office decorations for reception area.
13. Create and prepare spreadsheets and forms as required.
14. Secure Administrative Building at end of evening, when applicable.
15. Represent the Agency and its senior staff with internal and external communities as assigned.
16. Attend and participate in general agency staff meetings, and other meetings as assigned by supervisor.
17. Relate to other staff and to the public in a positive and professional manner.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by their Supervisors.
1. High School Diploma and 3 years administrative experience, or Associate Degree and 1 year administrative experience.
2. Exceptional organizational skills.
3. Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Access, Excel, Publisher and Power Point.
5. Working knowledge of copy machine and telephone equipment.
6. Ability to relate to the agency staff and to the public in a courteous and professional manner.
7. Ability to maintain accurate records and office systems.
8. Reliable, punctual, and able to manage multiple tasks.
9. Ability to work flexible hours. Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
10. Ability to work independently.
11. Ability to be flexible and work effectively and efficiently.
12. A valid driver’s license, evidence of automobile insurance, availability of a car to travel in Chicago land area and surrounding suburbs.
13. Ability to meet DCFS requirements as they relate to employment in a Child Welfare Agency, including a criminal background check.
14. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials.
15. Ability to relate to the agency staff and to the public in a courteous and professional manner.
16. Sensitivity to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients and staff.
17. Ability to work in an alcohol, tobacco and drug-free environment.
18. Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
19. Reliable, punctual, and able to manage multiple tasks.
20. Commitment to SOS philosophy and mission.
SOS Children’s Villages Illinois is an Equal Opportunity Employer