Throughout Foster Care Awareness Month, SOS Illinois is taking several initiatives to share our unique story, and we want your help. One way you can help this month is by tuning in to hear Terri Hemmert interview SOS Illinois CEO Tim McCormick on WXRT.
Feeling inspired by what you heard or see on our site? Here are thirty ways our community supports our work and how you can join in to help further our mission.
Top Three Ways to Help
These are the most impactful ways you can help support the children, Foster Parents, and communities SOS Children’s Villages Illinois champions.
Share Our Story: Tell a Friend About SOS Illinois
One of the most important contributions our friends, donors, and all community members can do is spread the word about our work. We need and welcome storytellers.
Whether you simply tell a friend or colleague about us in conversation or share a post on social media, your contribution helps us tell our story and do our very best to improve. Please continue spreading the word and find other storytellers to join you.
Become a Dream Maker
In the spirit of hope, which is so important to our story and the stories of the children and families in our care, we proudly launched a monthly giving program called Dream Makers.
Our Dream Makers remind our children that they are free and encouraged to reach for their dreams. Learn more about their impact, and how you can become an SOS Children’s Villages Illinois Dream Maker today.
Become a Foster Parent
Foster Parents are central to the SOS Illinois model of care and everything we do at the organization. We know that not everyone feels called to this very unique and important role. That makes committing to this career as a vocation one of the most impactful ways to contribute to the mission.
Learn more about becoming a Foster Parent at SOS Children’s Villages Illinois.
Other Wonderful Ways to Pitch in
Whether it’s just simply staying connected or something more specific like hosting or participating in an event, we welcome the contributions of our community.
Stay Up to Date
- Sign up for our e-newsletter.
- Catch up on our blog.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Sponsorship and Giving Opportunities
- Support our College Bound and Beyond Program.
- Sponsor our Village-wide graduation party.
- Host a lunch-and-learn featuring SOS Illinois.
- Host a workshop series at one of our Villages.
- Attend an SOS Illinois event.
- Host an SOS Illinois fundraiser.
- Donate family-friendly event tickets (Sox games, Bulls games, etc).
- Donate professional wear to Casa Tepeyac.
- Donate summer clothing to Casa Tepeyac. Contact them by phone.
- Donate laptops to our students.
- Send our families on a field trip.
- Save the date for our Annual School Supply Drive.
- Facilitate an office supply drive.
- Help a teen in our care gain work experience.
- Browse our Amazon Wish List.
- Shop AmazonSmile for SOS Children’s Villages Illinois.
- Surf the Web through GoodSearch.
- Lace up your running shoes for Team SOS Illinois.
- Serve as a volunteer.
- Join our Emerging Leaders Board.
Join Our Team
- Check out our Careers page.
- Intern at SOS Illinois. Send an inquiry here.
- Apply to become a Relief Parent.