About the Program
Thank you for making seasons bright for the children in our care this holiday season!
The Holiday Giving Program supports the children in our care by sharing gifts of joy and comfort during the holiday season. You can make a difference this year through one or more of our giving options.
To participate in the 2018 Holiday Giving Program, please contact Anne Glaza, Special Events Coordinator at email@example.com or by calling 312-372-8200 ext 1012.
As part of the world’s largest non-denominational child welfare organization, SOS Children’s Villages Illinois supports the cultural and religious traditions of every child in our care. The Holiday Giving Program is not tied to any one tradition, but rather to the spirit of love and generosity that many experience during the holiday season.
- Sponsor a Child
Choose gifts with a special child in mind! We are happy to share the first name and a few “about me” facts for one or more of the children in our care. Choose from their wish list and donate your unwrapped gifts in time for our Foster Parents and Village staff to prepare them.
Please consider spending between $50-$100 per child or teen, plan to deliver to us by December 14, 2018, and see our Giving Guidelines for restrictions.
A limited number of sponsorships are available, so please contact us early to get ahead of the holiday hustle.
- Sponsor a Gift Card or Winter Wear Drive
Arrange a drive with your work, school, or worship community. Since our toy needs are taken care of by our “Sponsor a Child” program, please consider collecting gift cards or winter wear instead of toys. Please plan to deliver to us by December 14, 2018, and see our giving guidelines for restrictions.
Gift cards are especially helpful gifts for our teenagers, adult caregivers, and clients. We welcome gift cards in any denomination. Some of our favorites are:
- Barnes & Noble
- Jewel Osco
- Gas cards
- Give a Family Gift
Our families come in all ages, shapes, and sizes, but one thing we all enjoy is dinner and a movie with the ones we love. Give the gift of a family night out, and help create new, joyful memories.
Our preferred movie theaters and ticket services are:
Complete your family gift with a restaurant gift card for a great family outing. Our favorites are:
- Lou Malnati’s & Giordano’s
- Panera Bread
Winter wear for adults and children of all ages and sizes is also helpful. Please collect hats, gloves, scarves, and boots as well as coats. When we say all shapes and sizes, we mean it! Keep in mind that we cannot accept used clothing, no matter what condition it is in.
- Shop our Amazon Wish List (Link here!)
Our Foster Parents, staff, and the children in our care chose the items on our Amazon Wish List. These are gifts that will be useful not only through the winter wonderland, but year-round. So if you see something that doesn’t quite say “very merry” to you, that’s why. Be sure to sign in through Amazon Smile and choose SOS Illinois as your preferred charity to make the most of your gift.
Thank you for protecting the children in our care by observing these safety restrictions.
- Please deliver your gifts unwrapped. We welcome donations of new gift wrap and gift bags.
- We cannot accept used toys and clothing of any kind or condition, including stuffed animals.
- We cannot accept toy guns or weapons of any kind. We also cannot accept video games or movies with violent content.
- We cannot share photographs or the location of the youth you sponsor.
- We are not able to arrange for you to give your gifts directly to the children. We are also not able to accept any offers to host holiday parties for the children. If you are interested in supporting our holiday festivities, please consider making a year-end donation or consider joining our Associate Board for ongoing volunteer opportunities.